Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thankful for the ordinary things

Today was a normal day. I can't believe it. Sometimes I grumble about the ordinary days....laundry, dishes, cooking, running errands etc. but in the end it's what I want to be doing. I had such amazing clarity when Alli was in the NICU and I prayed I wouldn't lose it. Clarity meaning I knew what was important and what needed my attention. Well, it didn't take that long to lose but I have it back now and I hope I can hang on to it. I think as mothers we balance a lot on our plates and we are easily distracted and cynical because we think well I'm already balancing all of this junk why not add more. I'm learning to slow down and focus on the moment. I don't want my children's childhood to fly by me because I was busy and stressed.

1 comment:

April Williams said...

i'm with you on this sister! so easy to forget.