Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

We went to Houston this past weekend to see Matthew's side of his family.  Ironic huh?  We go to Houston to see my husbands family when I'm the one from Houston.  We had fun and on the way out of town I planned to meet my best friend Christie and her family for a few minutes in the Woodlands at a McDonalds.  However, as we were driving to the McD's off of 242 and I 45 we passed by Lupe Tortillas.  Let me tell if you ever get the chance to go to a Lupe's in Houston jump on it; it is my all time favorite Houston restaurant.  So Matthew looks over at me and goes "you think they would rather go there?"  Of course a Corona was calling Jeff's name so we high tailed back down I 45 and proceeded to have a very relaxing Mother's Day lunch.  We sat outside on the patio and the weather was GORGEOUS!!!!  It was a nice ending to a good weekend.  I'm loving the fact I can see Christie more than just 1 or 2 times a year.  I warned her once they move in to a bigger house this summer, my kids and I will be down there all the time.

No comments: