Sunday, September 9, 2007

Allison is Home

I can't believe she is home. It was a total shock this morning. Last night she was moved to a lower level NICU, basically where babies go to grow. After spending 16 hours at the hospital yesterday I was a bit exhausted and felt overwhelmed by the thought of having to do that for the next few days. The doctor came in this morning and told me Alli could probably go home Tuesday or Wednesday-I was a little discouraged, but we kept talking. After finding out this was my third baby, that I had successfully breast fed my other two and that I have a great pediatrician he decided we could monitor her weight from home and he released us. Praise The Lord!!! What an amazing feeling to all be under the same roof.

Her lungs are doing great and she has slept peacefully all day. Thank you so much for all of the prayers, emails, phone calls and words of encouragement. We could not have made it through this without y’all.

2 comments:

Christie said...

Amen!!!

April Williams said...

YEAH! I can't wait to hold her! That's so awesome that she's home already. Praise the Lord!