Friday, September 7, 2007

HUGE day for Allison

I walked in today to discover they were replacing her feeding tube. Her nurse decided we would take advantage of it being out and try nursing her. And she did it!!! What a relief-all of my close friends are laughing now because they know how passionate I am about breast feeding. 3 of her meals today were not tube fed-that is huge!!! Once she takes all of her feeds by bottle or breast and gains some weight she can go home.

They removed the canula (spelling???) that means she is breathing completely on her own. The neonatologist said if she stays off of it tomight they will remove her pulse oxygen thingy. Matthew and I are both a little hestitant about that, it's kind of nice knowing exactly how she is breathing.

Keep praying folks it's working!!

4 comments:

April Williams said...

oh my gosh...that's awesome! i have been praying for her and you and your family all day. i love you guys so much.

Andrea "The H family" said...

Oh honey---she's 1 baby foot out the door! Yippeeeee??removing her pulse ox? They typically don't do that until discharge? Funky? All I have to say is that is all good news! I'm thrilled sweetie--I bet she goes home by Wed. of next week. (or sooner!)
I'm so elated about the breastfeeding!!

Leah said...

Yea Kim! That is wonderful news! I know you are feeling so excited. Way to go Alli! What a strong little girl. I'm with you on the breastfeeding ... I'm feeling your joy. I can't wait to hear more good news! Thanks for keeping us posted.
Leah

Camily said...

I'm thrilled for you! Love and prayers, Camily