Thursday, September 6, 2007

Allison's "whole" story



I wanted to post the story of how Allison arrived. This past Saturday September 1, we had gone to the Harbor for dinner. We had about a 20 minute wait and decided to take the kids down to the water and let them play. As I walking down the ramp I started having some MAJOR pain. It progressed all through dinner and when it was time to leave I could barely walk. I laid down at home for about 2 hours and it kept getting worse. So after calling Deb (I always call Deb first-most of y'all know that) she told me to call my doctor. I did as I was told and he infomed me that he wanted us to come to the hospital. Now my doctor is very cautious so I was not surprised, but I started getting upset because I just knew he would send me home. We tried for 30 minutes to find someone to come sit with our kids because at this point it was 9:30 at night. In frustration I grabbed my keys and informed Matthew that I was driving myself, since I knew it was a waste of my time to go to the hospital. Well, I made it about 2 miles down the road and had to turn around. At that point in desperation I called a friend who had just bought her first house and was moving in that day-Megan we love you!!! Then as I was driving back to my house I saw Shelley's husband painting outside and I decided to call shelley and ask her to come to our house until Megan could arrive-we love you too Shelley!!

So we are racing down Forrest to get to the hospital and for the first time that night I realized I was having a baby. We got to the hospital and hooked up to monitors and discovered I was having weak consistent contractions. Since I have had 2 previous c-sections they couldn't let me leave so they decided it was best to get her out as quickly as possible.

Allison Rebekah was born on September 2, at 1:16 a.m. weighing 6 lbs 13 oz, and she was 19 1/4 inches long. Not bad for 3 weeks early. She was doing great at first, so great the nursery nurses left the room with Matthew holding her. But a few minutes later she started choking and they took her immediately to the nursery for observation. She started turning blue and they admitted her in to the NICU. Once she was there they determined she had premie respiratory distress syndrome and she had swallowed a considerable amount of fluid.

She has now been there for 5 full days and we have no idea when she will come home. We are prepared she could be there for 3 weeks, but we're hoping and praying she could come home next week (not that anyone has told us that).

1 comment:

Andrea "The H family" said...

Your doing great blogging Kim. It really helps us know what to pray for specifically.
Wished I had this during my Luke experience at the beginning for sure.